St. Hugh's School owes its origin to the Forbes family who founded it in 1925, and it was due to their energy and vision that the school has been able to expand in the last eighty years. St. Hugh's became a Charitable Trust in 1962 and has continued to prosper over the years administered by a forward thinking Governing Body.

We are very proud that we are a truly independent Prep. school, preparing children for a wide range of senior schools for transfer at both eleven and thirteen.

Over the years many hundreds of children have attended St. Hugh's from within Lincolnshire and beyond.

For some current pupils they represent the third generation of their family attending the 'family' of St. Hugh's.

The school is the oldest independent school in the county and continues to be an extremely successful Prep school.